Reducing Energy Usage
We continually monitor our electricity usage to highlight areas of inefficiency and reduce accordingly. Having installed Solar Panels on the warehouse roof in 2014 we have significantly reduced our own electricity consumption from the National Grid. Any excess of this renewable solar energy source generated from the solar panels is sent back to the Grid via the Feed In Tariff Scheme, further reducing reliance on fossil fuels.
We endeavour to employ local people, thereby cutting down on car travel to work and reducing carbon emissions. We also employ a cycle to work scheme.
- Investment into solar panels on the warehouse to reduce our energy use and carbon footprint
- Buildings have been insulated to the highest UK standards. The insulated wall and roof panels used to build the new warehouse have a Green Guide A + rating as per the BRE Global “The Green Guide to Specification”, Green Guide 2008 ratings. All panels have been manufactured under Environmental Management System Certification ISO 14001:2004.
- The latest boiler technology has helped reduce our gas and electricity consumption
- We use high efficiency low voltage LED lights in all our buildings & have added roof lights to increase natural light and reduce the use of artificial lighting
- Highly energy efficient glazing in all windows greatly reduces heat loss and energy consumption
We have far exceeded the requirements of Building Regulations Approved Document L2B ‘Conservation of Fuel and Power in existing buildings other than dwellings’ Table 5:
- Wall – internal wall insulation, required U-Value: 0.30; achieved U-value: 0.24 regulations exceed by +20%
- Pitched Roof – insulation at rafter level, required U-Value: 0.18; achieved U-value: 0.16 regulations exceed by +11%
Get in touch with us on 01939 234222
Need further assistance or can't find what you're looking for? Please complete all details of your enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.