ISO9001:2015 & ISO14001:2015
SciSpin MINI Microfuge
The lightweight “SciSpin Mini Microfuge” is the most convenient piece of kit in the SciSpin range and is designed, manufactured and tested to deliver the ultimate service in quick spin-downs. Providing a fixed speed of 7000 rpm / 2680 xg.
The SciSpin Mini Microfuge is completely portable, but still is an effective tool for research labs, clinic, surgeries and educational facilities. With a wide variety of applications available, including the pelleting of DNA and RNA samples, the pelleting of PCR amplified nucleic acids, separation of antibody and protein precipitates, performing enzymatic tests and removing cell debris from cell homogenates.
With its Ultra-compact design and with a choice of 2 available colours (Blue or Green), these mini centrifuges are supplied with two rotors for spinning either 8 x 1.5/2.2ml micro tubes or 16 x PCR tubes. Adapters are also provided for use with 0.2ml & 0.5ml tubes. Operation of the SciSpin Mini Microfuges could not be easier and is user friendly, simply close the lid to begin the run and open the lid to stop.
- Ultra compact mini centrifuges design
- Available in two lid colour options: green or blue
- Easy to use with dual start/stop function
- Fixed speed of 7,000 RPM / 2,680 g
- Includes rotors for 8 x 1.5 / 2.2 ml & 16 x PCR tubes
- Includes 8 x 0.2ml adapters and 8 x 0.5ml adapters used on Rotor SS-6058
- Dual lid lock for safety
- Whisper quiet, <45dB
- Vibration Free
- Ideal for quick spin downs and micro filtration
- Rapid acceleration and deceleration
- Close lid to begin run & open to stop
- Supplied with both rotors
8 x 1.5 / 2.2 ml
16 x 0.2ml PCR
|Max Speed||7,000 RPM|
|Dimensions (DxWxH)||160mm x 170mm x 122mm|
|Noise level||45 dB|
|Power||100-240V- /50Hz/60Hz 20W|
We normally buy our Mini Centrifuges in via our European headquarters in Spain, but I stumbled across your SciSpin Mini Centrifuges on a google search, and rolled them out across our sites, the feedback has been so positive that we’ve informed our other European plants, hence the second order placed for Ireland!
We collect blood from numerous abattoirs, the purpose of adding anticoagulant is for it to prevent the blood from clotting, as all the blood we collect is further processed / fractionated to produce haemoglobin (red cells) and plasma (white cells). The blood is then separated by centrifugal forces. The specifically heavy components (red cells- haem) are displaced to the bowl periphery and transferred to an external liquid haem holding tank. The specifically lighter components (white cells- plasma) are displaced towards the centre of the bowl and transferred to an external plasma holding tank. (Posted on 06/12/2021)
- The SciSpin Mini Centrifuge is being used to separate solids from within samples before testing. The solids throw the results off on the testing that we use and so the use of a centrifuge and a filtration pump is essential to rule out inaccuracies. The SciSpin Mini Centrifuge is very easy to use and has integrated into our procedures well. The equipment fits well in the lab and although it hasn’t been that long the results have become closer to the results we have received from external lab testing. (Posted on 14/07/2021)
Write a review of SciSpin MINI Microfuge
Get in touch with us on 01939 234222
Need further assistance or can't find what you're looking for? Please complete all details of your enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.