ISO9001:2015 & ISO14001:2015
Routine Sigma Centrifuge Maintenance
To get the best from a Sigma centrifuge or indeed any laboratory centrifuge it is important to carry out some simple routine maintenance. We have prepared a short guide with 10 tips on how to maintain a Sigma centrifuge safely:
- ALWAYS ensure that you load the opposite inserts/rotors with the same accessories and fill evenly to avoid any imbalance. And then ensure that the rotor is secured properly using the correct rotor wrench.
- Carefully remove all liquids, and in particular all solvents, acids and alkaline solutions from the rotor chamber. Use a cloth to avoid any damage to the motor bearings.
If any parts of the centrifuge have come into contact with any liquids that may cause corrosion, make sure that they are immediately rinsed off. Turn fixed angle rotors upside down to allow them to dry thoroughly.
- We recommend a weekly clean of the accessories outside the centrifuge. Remove, clean and properly dry any rubber cushions. To clean the centrifuge and the accessories, we suggest soap water or a mild cleaning agent with a pH value of between 6 and 8.
- Grease the load-bearing bolts of swing-out rotors and the buckets after each cleaning.
- Grease the motor shaft lightly after cleaning.
- Grease the rotor tie-down screw after cleaning.
- Apply slushing oil to aluminium rotors and buckets and to the lid seal. Do this at least once a week to prevent corrosion. Only do this once you have cleaned the accessories and they are completely dry.
- Check all accessories monthly for cracks, pressure marks, signs of corrosion and any visible damage to the surface.
- For your own safety, do not delay in replacing any damaged components, if you are unsure contact our service department for advice on 01939 291200.
Sigma Centrifuges at SciQuip
At SciQuip, who are the leading supplier of laboratory equipment, our Sigma Centrifuges are suitable for all laboratory, clinical, research and industrial applications and are supported by our own factory trained engineers.
For a free Preventative Maintenance Short Guide please email email@example.com or call 01939 291200.
If you would like to find out more about our range of Sigma Centrifuges or speak to someone regarding your specific requirements call 01939 291200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with us on 01939 234222
Need further assistance or can't find what you're looking for? Please complete all details of your enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.